I am a change-maker skilled in asking why, strategizing new ideas, testing theories, improving processes, leading teams, and designing solutions.
Case Study #1
As the Product Manager at Leah’s Pantry, one of the products in my care was EatFresh.org, the go-to source for recipes and nutrition messaging for CalFresh participants. In 2019, Drupal 7’s impending end-of-life and key user feedback pushed me to seek redevelopment funding from the California State funder. Read the complete case study to learn about the opportunity and solution for this 18-month redesign and deployment.
Case Study #2
When I was hired as the Communication Director for a large non-profit, I initially had just one part-time assistant. Over the first four months in the role, I got to know the staff, structure, policies, and procedures in order to determine the best way to meet the communication needs of the organization. Read the complete case study to learn about the opportunity, my strategy, and the results.
“As my Creative Director, I saw Wendy as a hard-working leader who did an amazing job uniting our development team and advocating for our needs to better support us in our role…”2018 Team Members (Read full quote)
I identify the best path—even amidst chaos— to help teams move forward together.
I pursue clarity, consistency, transparency, and integrity among teams and brands.
I offer new and fresh perspectives, to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
I promote tangible tools that can facilitate growth and performance.
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, XD, and Acrobat)
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Google Drive (Docs, Sheets, Slides) and Google Workspace
- Web site and content management systems (including, but not limited to, WordPress, Rock RMS, and Drupal)
- Email management systems (including, but not limited to, MailChimp, Campaign Monitor, Constant Contact, SendGrid, and Emma)
- Project management and collaboration tools (including, but not limited to, Basecamp, Slack, Trello, Jira, Confluence, Asana, and Workzone)
- Humane technology design
- Workshop facilitation/team building (including, but not limited to, Design Thinking, Appreciative Inquiry, and CliftonStrengths®)