I am a change-maker skilled in asking why, strategizing new ideas, testing theories, improving processes, leading teams, and designing solutions.
Case Study #1
As the Product Manager at Leah’s Pantry, one of the products in my care was EatFresh, the go-to recipe and nutrition messaging resource for CalFresh participants. Drupal 7’s impending end-of-life and key user feedback pushed me to pursue redevelopment. Read the complete case study to learn about the opportunity and solution.
Want another example from my work with Leah’s Pantry? I led the design research for this Trauma-Informed Nutrition Messaging Toolkit.
“What makes Wendy’s work especially important is her expert application of behavioral design. Wendy engages effectively directly with senior executives in client relationships as well as with domain experts, gathering an understanding of real world objectives and needs from which she develops and tests workflows and complex processes. Her work style is agile and highly collaborative whether with clients, the development team, or in user testing environments. ”—Colleague (Read full quote)
Case Study #2
When I was hired as the Communication Director for a large non-profit, I initially had just one part-time assistant. Over the first four months in the role, I got to know the staff, structure, policies, and procedures in order to determine the best way to meet the communication needs of the organization. Read the complete case study to learn about the opportunity, my strategy, and the results.
“As my Creative Director, I saw Wendy as a hard-working leader who did an amazing job uniting our development team and advocating for our needs to better support us in our role…”—Team Member (Read full quote)
I identify the best path—even amidst chaos— to help teams move forward together.
I pursue clarity, consistency, transparency, and integrity among teams and brands.
I offer new and fresh perspectives, to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
I promote tangible tools that can facilitate growth and performance.
Design Process Overview
“Wendy is an exceptional systems thinker. She has an uncanny ability to integrate a wide variety of ideas, data, and concepts to provide great feedback and recommendations.”—Colleague (Read full quote)
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, XD, and Acrobat)
- Research methods—qualitative (usability testing, focus groups, user interviews, field studies) and quantitative (analytics, surveys, A/B testing)
- Humane technology design, user centered behavioral design, trauma-informed practices
- Workshop facilitation/team building (including, but not limited to, Design Thinking, Appreciative Inquiry, and CliftonStrengths®)
- Web site and content management systems (including, but not limited to, WordPress, WooCommerce, Talent LMS, Rock RMS, and Drupal)
- Email management systems (including, but not limited to, MailChimp, Campaign Monitor, Constant Contact, SendGrid, and Emma)
- Project management and collaboration tools (including, but not limited to, Basecamp, Slack, Zeplin, Miro, Trello, Jira, Confluence, Asana, and Workzone)
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Google Drive (Docs, Sheets, Slides) and Google Workspace
“Wendy has taken our organization’s products to the next level. We consistently receive praise for all she has created. In addition to creating high-quality materials, Wendy is easy to work with; she’s communicative, organized, and detail-oriented. Highly recommend her.”—Colleague (Read full quote)